Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:40:48 AM(UTC)

Keith  
Keith

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I've written a sample slidehow program to display jpegs using the raster component and if I do not include a reference to Leadtools.Codecs.Cmp.dll then I get the "Invalid File Format" error as discussed in other posts.

In the VBSpecialEffectsDemo program that is supplied with the evaluation, I can get it to load and display jpegs without any errors and yet I cannot find a reference to Leadtools.Codecs.Cmp.dll

Am I being dumb and there is a reference somewhere or am I correct and its working without the reference. If I am correct then how can the demo program work without this reference?

Currently our full end-to-end system only supports jpegs but will over the next few months also support pngs, bmps and gifs. At this point I know that we want to include those in the future so I can include the dll references even though I'm not using them. What if a file format comes along that I need to add that I didn't know about in advance, is there any way to add support for this without having to add a new dll reference and recompile the project?

Thanks in advance for your time

Keith

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:25:03 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Keith,
Any program that uses LEADTOOLS 15 .NET classes to load JPEG images will need Leadtools.Codecs.Cmp.dll.

The demo you mentioned uses this DLL even though it's not added as a reference because the default build location for its EXE is in LEADTOOLS15\Bin\Dotnet\Win32

This folder contain the CMP file, and all other LEADTOOLS codecs, so the demo can load all types of supported images.

This means any image file format codec DLL can either be added as a reference, or copied to the same folder that has the program's EXE.

About supporting additional formats, you don't need to rebuild your project to do that. All you need is to deploy additional codec DLLs with the application. If size is not an issue, you can deploy ALL codecs, except of course the formats that you don't own in case you don't have a LEADTOOLS Document or Medical toolkit.

Detailed information about which files are need for different toolkit features can be found in the help topic "Files to be Included with Your Application".

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:42:52 AM(UTC)

Keith  
Keith

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the quick reply. I definitly think that I'll go the route of including the appropriate DLLs in the directory rather than adding refernces.

Cheers

Keith