Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:16:55 AM(UTC)
ccsilveus

Groups: Registered

I want to convert .  How do I identify the modules/controls to replace in my existing code?
We use ltocx*, ltscr*, ltvid*, ltdlg* , and ltcap* ocx's for V12

Questions
1) Can I  use the new version in VB6?
2) How do I know aht to use in new version to replace those in V12?

Resources are an issue so any shortcuts would help greatly.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:11:22 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

If you plan to migrate to LEADTOOLS v15 or v14.5, it will be easier for you to use LEADTOOLS v14.5 OCX programming interface, because LEADTOOLS v15 doesn't include the old OCX and COM programming interfaces.
However, even with LEADTOOLS 14.5, there are changes from v12 and some of them are major. For example, the Main OCX no longer contains Twain scanning function and there's a new COM separate object for Twain. Also, the LEAD imaging common dialogs have been re-designed since v12 and completely re-written.

Another major change is in the multimedia functions. Now the multimedia SDK is a separate toolkit, and it is based on the Microsoft DirectShow architecture instead of the old Video For Windows (VFW).

I recommend you download the free evaluation edition of LEADTOOLS 14.5 and Multimedia 15.1, both of which contain objects that work with VB6.
When you do that, read the Version History help topics to see the main changes from 12 to 13, 14 and 14.5.

About the cost of upgrading, please send your serial number to sales@leadtools.com and they will be able to give you the exact cost.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support