Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 11:23:29 AM(UTC)
vikewings

Groups: Registered

I am using the LEADTools Thumbnail and ImageList ActiveX controls (version 14.5) in a VB6 application.  I am able to successfully browse a directory and load the documents as thumbnails into the ImageList control, and I can determine the page count from the InfoTotalPages property as each thumbnail loads.

Now I am struggling with finding a way to implement two requirements:

1.  How can I display a page count on each thumbnail image.  I can't use the item's display text because that is the filename and appending page count values will mess up other logic that relies on that to be solely a filename.  Ideally, I'd like to have the page count display in the upper right corner of each imagelist item.

2.  For a multi-page document, how can I move back and forth through the pages within the Imagelist/Thumbnail view?  In other words, I don't want to open the image up but just to be able to peruse the thumbnail size version of the document but with the ability to flip pages within the imagelist itself.  I can't use the ExpandMultiPage property because the users only want to see documents in the imagelist, but with the ability to change the page that is displayed in the imagelist for a selected document.

If anyone is familiar with ScanSoft's "Paperport" product, that is the type of interface I'm striving for here.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dave

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 2:06:27 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Dave,

You can
do that using the OwnerDrawItem event of our Image List object. The event
enables you to perform custom drawing of individual items in the list. Please check the description and code sample in the COM help file.

About
the second feature, you will have to implement it yourself. One way is to
create a dynamic array of LEAD controls or Raster Objects, and use the ExpandMultipage
option but do not add every page into the image list control. This is possible
because the thumbnail browser object is separate from the image list control.
You can then implement your code so that the displayed image in each list item
corresponds to one of the LEAD or LEADRaster objects, and the object's
BitmapList property holds all the pages of a particular file. To move through
the pages, change the object's BitmapListIndex property and update the image list item's image from it.