Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:14:20 AM(UTC)

dgorka  
dgorka

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I just installed the Eval version of LEADTools Doc Imaging suite version 15. I've got a program written in VB 2005 and i'm having some trouble. I'm trying to convert a Group 4 PDF to a Tiff. And when i try loading the image I get the following error:

PDF Error - Either the files required for initializing the PDF engine were not found or they were found but incorrect

I've referenced what I thought were the correct components (leadtools.dll, leadtools.codecs.dll, leadtools.codecs.fax.dll, leadtools.codecs.pdf.dll, leadtools.codecs.tif.dll and even leadtools.pdf.dll), yet I'm still getting this error. Any help you could give me would be wonderful. Thank you.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:36:29 AM(UTC)

BoydP  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Make sure you set your engine path like this:

_codecs.Options.Pdf.Load.InitialPath = @"C:\Program Files\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 15\Bin\Common\PDF"

Also, check to make sure that pdfdll32.dll is in the windows\system32 directory.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:20:24 PM(UTC)

dgorka  
dgorka

I do have pdfdll32.dll in my system32 folder, but when i go to my code and try to enter the initial path like you show, intelisense doesn't recognize InitialPath.

#4 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:16:49 AM(UTC)

BoydP  

Sorry about that, it should be _codecs.Options.Pdf.InitialPath. 

Also, I would recommend that you look at the Raster .NET Class Library help file.  You can get to this from the Start Menu->Programs-><LEADTOOLS 15>->Raster Imaging Pro->Dotnet Class Library->Raster .NET Class Library Help.  The help file documents every single class, object, property, method, etc. available in the toolkit and most questions can be answered by a short browse through the help file.  If you can't find it in the help file, please do not hesitate to ask on the forums or through email.

#5 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:02:08 AM(UTC)

dgorka  
dgorka

Thank you for your help, it worked like a charm. Now I can load PDFs.

But now when I try and save the the PDF as a group4 tiff, I get an error saying "Feature not supported". Is this something that I'm not allowed to do since I'm using an evaluation version?

I looked in the Files to be included with your application section of the help, but I'm not entirely sure what DLLs I'd need to add for this.

Sorry to keep bugging you with all this.

#6 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:21:11 AM(UTC)

BoydP  

It's not a problem, I understand that the information can be overwhelming at first.

Are you trying to save the image with greater than 1 bit per pixel?  TiffCcittGroup4 is a 1 bit per pixel file format.  If this ins't the problem could you post the code you are using to load and save the image?  Also, I know you said this in the original post, but you are still referencing Leadtools.Codecs.Fax.dll, correct?

#7 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:03:12 AM(UTC)

dgorka  
dgorka

Yeah, i'm still referencing the fax.dll

Here is the code that I'm using to load and save the image:

tempImage = codecs.Load("C:\test.pdf")

codecs.Save(tempImage, output, RasterImageFormat.TifxFaxG4, 1, 1, -1, -1, CodecsSavePageMode.Append)

Now, just trying to figure it out I changed it from TifxFaxG4 to save with an LZW compression and it worked. So i'm wondering if maybe I'm using the wrong format. I know in version 14.5 (which i've been using up till now) it was TifCcittGroup4, but I figured it had just been a name change in the code.

#8 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:09:30 AM(UTC)

BoydP  

To save as TifxFaxG4 you would need to reference the Leadtools.Codecs.Tfx.dll, did you mistakenly reference this dll when you meant for Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll?

#9 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:34:33 AM(UTC)

dgorka  
dgorka

No, i referenced codecs.tif

Is the TifxFaxG4 the right format for saving to a group 4 tif? And if so should I reference codecs.tfx?

#10 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:46:08 AM(UTC)

BoydP  

I thought you said that above code was working now with TifxFaxG4, but I get what you were saying now.  TifCcittGroup4 changed from 14.5 to CcittGroup4 in 15, that should work.  Sorry for the confusion.

#11 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:54:37 AM(UTC)

dgorka  
dgorka

That fixed it!

Thank you so much for all your help!