Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2007 10:23:41 PM(UTC)
przemekg

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have problem with the quality of OCR recognition on machines that have more than one physical processor. I run my app on many machines (Win XP, 2000, 2003) and work fine the ocr quality was good. The problems comes when I run it on servers that have 2 or 4 Intel Xeon processors. The application works also fine but the OCR quality was poor. During a test I used the same assemblies and the RecognizeModuleTradeOff was set to Accurate. Have you any suggestion about that?

I'm using Leadtools 14.5, .NET 2.0.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:58:32 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello,

I think I heard about this problem before.  What do you set the EnableSubSystem and EnableCorrection properties to?  Set them both to false and compare your results.  Then set them both to true and compare them again.  Try one of our demo OCR applications on both systems and see if our demo application produces variable results.  With multi-core computers, there could be an issue with how the engine multi-threads.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:03:20 PM(UTC)
przemekg

Hello,

Thank for your replay. Fortunatelly I managed to resolve the problem. I've upgraded the OCR engine version from 12.6.2005.5041 to 12.7.2006.1041 and all now all works fine. Anyway the problem was very strange.

#4 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:38:06 AM(UTC)

jigar  

That's good.  How did you upgrade the engine?  Where did you get the files from?

Thanks

#5 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:35:48 PM(UTC)
przemekg

I've downloaded the latest Leadtools 14.5 setup files and I noticed that the OCR version is upgraded so that I used them.

#6 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 4:36:10 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Ok, thanks.