Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 2:53:28 AM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Groups: Registered

Hi LEAD Support,

I am using lead tools 14 with Visual Basic 6.

I want to capture video using lead ltmmCaptureCtrl control in DVSD format.  I found two formats for DV capturing in lead tools as DVSD-AVI and DVSD.

If I capture with DVSD-AVI format, it captures fine.  If I capture with DVSD format, it captures video but it could not replay it.  If I try to examine the output video using MediaInfo, it could not read the file.

What is difference between DVSD and DVSD-AVI ?

Did I need any extra files to capture with DVSD format ?

How can I capture with DVSD format ?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 12:02:13 PM(UTC)

jigar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello,

Do you have the DVSD codec installed?  If not, follow this link here http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Panasonic_DV_Codec

What program are you using to play it back?

#3 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 9:15:02 PM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

I tried installing coded you suggested.  It donot work.

I am not applying any codec while capturing with DVSD format as stated in your help.

I tried replaying clip with ltmmPlayCtrl control, Windows media player and other standard applications.  It donot play it and says file is corrupted.

When I open same file in GraphEdit software, software is unable to render the filter graph and gives the same error "File is corrupted.".

While capturing with DVSD format, capturing process goes OK.  No any problem observed while capturing.

#4 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2007 4:08:53 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Hello,

Download GSpot (see link below) and open up the file in there.  It gives all the information about the file.  Take a screenshot of the GSpot window after you load your video file, and post the screenshot here so we can take a look at it.

GSpot:  http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

#5 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 5:35:03 AM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Hi, I tired your way and it still donot play in that software.

Screen shots are attached herewith

File Attachment(s):
ScreenShots.zip (263kb) downloaded 32 time(s).

#6 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 10:51:28 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Hello,

I did a sample encode to DVSD on my end here.  I was able to play it fine.  The DirectShow filter it used to play it was DV Decoder (qdv.dll).  Search your system for that file, it should be in C:\Windows\system32.  If it is, in the command line type "regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\system32\qdv.dll" without the quotes. 

Can you record like a 10-second clip and zip it up and send it to support@leadtools.com  Mention my name and this post in the email.  I want to try to play it here and see what happens.  If the file is too big, upload it to www.maxupload.com and send us the link in the email.

One other thing is that you may have a DVSD encoder that encodes to a Machintosh RAW DV format.  I'm not sure if it's any different than RAW DV, but if you send the file over I'll be able to check it.

#7 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:16:58 AM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

http://www.maxupload.com/Downloads/1_Brain_03.zip (Size 30.4 MB.  Duration 10 Sec)

Above is the download link for clip.  This is same clip for which I have already sent you the screen shots.

Waiting for your reply.

#8 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 10:17:12 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Hello Amit,

I tried to play it on my system and I got the same error.  GSpot couldn't find any DirectShow filters for it.  I also tried the Panasonic DV codec, QuickTime Player, and Pinnacle Studio.  Niether of them were able to open or play it.  I say you should stick with the DVSD-AVI format for now, since all it does is put the DV into and AVI container.  That reminds me, I loaded the video in a hex viewer and didn't find any video container tags or video format labels that all videos typically have.  I'm going to ask the engineers about this, and let you know what format DVSD actually is.  I will get back to you on this as soon as I have any updated information.

Thanks.

#9 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 11:49:54 AM(UTC)

jigar  

I got an answer from my manager.  The DVSD format is used for feeding a video stream to the DV device.  Most devices will let you view the video on the LCD screen, and some may even let you recording the incoming DV stream.  You'd have to check with your specific model to see if it supports it.  For video editing purposes you should use either DVSD-AVI or DVSD-OGG.

There's some sample code in the help file if you want to stream video to your DV device.  It's titled "Output to a DV device".

#10 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 8:03:29 PM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Got it.

Thanks jigar