Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:05:38 AM(UTC)
Jordan_S

Groups: Registered

I'm using the .NET v14.5 Leadtools component.

1) Is there any way to give the appearance of an increase in contrast (essentially, darken) in a 1 bit per pixel TIF image? 

I've tried a few of the commands listed in the documentation, and assume I'm hitting a wall because the pixels are either black or white, and you can't darken black any further.  So, I guess what I'm asking is whether there's another way to make it appear that black text is getting "bolder".  Is there some raster command that can help me achieve this?

I'm trying to allow my application to scan a document, then preview the document and adjust it's readability (darken the darks and keep the whites white).  Relying on any possible scanner's brightness and contrast settings is the activity I'm trying to avoid here. 

2) Is there anyway to have the raster image viewer be more representative of the 1 bit pallette I'm using?

In testing the Contrast and Brightness settings, I also noticed that after loading the 1 BPP tiff in the raster image viewer that the "preview" behaves as if it were an image with greater depth, showing grays. 

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 4:34:11 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You can try and use the MinimumCommand Class to dilate dark objects by the specified amount. Please see help topic MinimumCommand Class in LEADTOOLS v14.5 .NET help file

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:21:05 AM(UTC)
Jordan_S

Groups: Registered

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.