Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 10:22:15 AM(UTC)
julio.fernandez

Groups: Registered

We have a scanner that saves color images in a TIFF using a jpeg strip compression.  We have an image that is scanned and the resulting file size is 76MB.   When we manipulate the image and save the file it uses a lossless TIFF and consumes over 600MB.  We can do a save as and select YCbCr and it reduces the space to 120MB.  It appears that the same type of compression is not implemented, is this so?  In either case the file is saved as a color TIFF using the specified compression but as a tiled image.  When the image is reopened it is truncated after a certain amount of length.  We notice that the tile length is not the same as the image length and it appears it is not displaying multiple tiles.  I have two large image that I can send to you but it will need to be ftp'ed as they are too large for email. 

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 3:55:09 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Our toolkit can save TIFF as both tiles or strips (or a single strip). If you want details on how to do that, please tell me which LEADTOOLS version (14, 15, etc) you're using, and which programming interface (OCX, .NET classes, DLL API, C++ Classes, etc.)

Since the files are large, I recommend you do the testing for now, but if you need to send them to us, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and we will send you upload instructions to our FTP site.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 4:46:47 AM(UTC)
julio.fernandez

Groups: Registered

We are using version 13 of the document imaging and right now I am using the OCX in VB6.

Thanks

#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 9:52:31 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

To save a tiled TIFF image, set the Main OCX SaveTileHeight and SaveTileWidth properties to values smaller than the image's bitmap height and bitmap width before you call the Save method.

To save the image in strips, set SaveTileWidth to a value larger than the bitmap's width.

To save it in one strip, set both the SaveTileHeight and SaveTileWidth properties to values GREATER than the image's bitmap height and bitmap width.

This feature existed in v13 of our toolkit, so it should work in your code.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support