Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:46:41 AM(UTC)

Fermat  
Fermat

Groups: Registered

On calling Recognize() on a 2479 x 3508 pixel tiff file, I get the RasterDocumentException "non-supported image size".  It works fine on the 2544 x 3294 pixel sample file that came with LEADTOOLS.

What is the limitation?  Is the recommended solution to resize the image down to something that can be handled?

Also, I see there are several ocr modules that can be used, but I could not find any way to specify which module should be used without first having a "zone".  Is there a way to tell the engine to use a specific ocr module?  Given that... Is there a module that does not have limitations such as the above?

Thanks

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2007 5:24:22 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The OCR engine's page sizes are not based on pixels alone but also on physical size (inches).  Therefore an image that is 300 DPI is half the physical size of the same image at 150 DPI and the 150 DPI image might not work in the OCR engine even though they take up the exact same amount of memory.  For the most part, anything less than or equal to an A3 sheet (11.69" x 16.54") should work.

You can only define an OCR module with a zone.  For more information on the different modules, their features and limitations, please read the help file article "An Overview of Recognition Modules".