Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 12:57:30 PM(UTC)
Jemerald

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

We are currently trying to integrate a screenshot and recording module into our existing software. While we are evaluating your product, we found that it doesn't support multiple monitors (setup in Dualview mode).

Using your demo application, we can capture a window or region that is smaller or equal to the size of one physical monitor(1280x1024 in our case). But as soon as we go over that (I have dual monitor setup), it failed. When we set the capture region to the complete desktop (2560x1024), the resulting video / image is of the correct size, but only the left half contains the valid image, and the right half is just black.

Is this a bug in your module, or just a unsupported feature? Is it possible to add multiple monitor support in? We definitely needed multiple monitor support.

Thanks,

---------------------------------------------

Best regards,

Jackie Weng

Director and Project Manager

Jemerald Software Ltd.

jackie.w@jemeraldsoft.co.nz

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 1:52:28 PM(UTC)

yinghao  
yinghao

Hi there,
I have tried the Lead SDK EVAL 1.5. It works excellent with single monitor. In our case,  we are also looking for multiple monitor recording(for example, 2 monitors(or more) connected to one video card). So, could someone here point out if Lead SDK supports multiple monitor recording?

Thanks in advance!

Yinghao

#3 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 11:36:12 PM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you try to do screen
capturing by pressing the Print Screen button (or Alt + Print Screen), does it capture from the secondary monitor?

Also, please tell me which LEADTOOLS demo you are using exactly.

#4 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 1:01:46 PM(UTC)
Jemerald

Yes, both Print Screen, and ALT + print screen (when you span a window across 2 monitors) works  

#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:29:47 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Could you please tell
me which demo you are using exactly? In LEADTOOLS 15, there is screen capture
functionality in both the Multimedia SDK and the Imaging toolkits (Raster Imaging Pro).

#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 11:32:15 AM(UTC)
Jemerald

We are using the multimedia SDK version 15.
The demo application is "03 C++ Multimedia Capture"

System: Windows XP SP2
CPU: AMD Opteron 170
GFX: NVidia Geforce 7800GT

#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 12:24:40 PM(UTC)
Jemerald

I suspect it's the problem of the LEAD Screen Capture (2.0). Because if I get it to render directly in graphedit, there's no way it can capture from an area bigger than 1280x1024.

Attached please see the capture filter setting. In this example I used the desktop window as the target for capture. I also tried capturing one single window, but as soon as I make it wider than 1280 pixels, there is a black stripe on the right hand side of the output.
Jemerald attached the following image(s):
setting.PNG

#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 12:39:59 PM(UTC)
Jemerald

Attached please see a screen shot captured for a notepad window that is wider than 1280 pixels
Jemerald attached the following image(s):
12300000.jpg

#9 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2007 5:51:44 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

I have checked the issue with our engineers. Apparently this is a limitation in our toolkit rather than a bug. A collogue of mine has reported this issue as feature request to be added to the toolkit but it hasn't yet. If you would like to also add it as feature request please use the following link:

http://www.leadtools.com/DevServices/Feature-Request.htm