Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2007 5:18:23 AM(UTC)
dlucchese

Groups: Registered

Hi all!

We're using Leadtools document imaging V15. Technically, we program with Delphi and use directly the API. I modified the source files provided in the 'Uses' subdirectory to be able to load the DLLs only when needed, and to be able to specify the files path at runtime. I put the 6 microsoft files in the exe file's directory, and all the Leadtools dlls are in a 'Leadtools' subdirectory.

When the 'Leadtools' subdirectory is in the windows search paths, all works fine. If it's not I get some internal errors, probably when the function I call in the API needs another Leadtools DLL I didn't explicitely load.
Specifically for me I get my error when calling L_AnnCreateToolbar .
We don't want to put all the Leadtools dlls in the same directory as the one of our software. And I would prefer to avoid adding the Leadtools path in the client's system.

My question:
Do you have kind of a L_SetPDFInitDir in your API? Any way to tell your software where the Leadtools DLL are on the system?

David Lucchese
Purkinje Inc.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:45:32 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

David,

There is no special function to
indicate the location of our Annotations DLL. However, you need to make sure
all dependency DLLs are either in the same folder of LTANN15u.DLL or in the
path. This includes our LTKRN15U.DLL, in addition to non-LEAD files such as MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCP80.DLL and MSVCR80.DLL.

Also, it is recommended you load LTKRN15U.DLL before any other LEAD DLL in your application.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:47:18 AM(UTC)
dlucchese

Groups: Registered

OK thank you Qasem

I solved my problem by using SetCurrentDirectory just before calling the functions. It works fine now. This way, if a function I called needs another dll (image filter or anything), it will find it in the current directory.