Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2007 10:25:05 PM(UTC)
australisblue

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I downloaded and installed the LEADTOOLS Multimedia evaluation (as I'm wanting to capture still images from a USB video camera).

I've looked through the help and other files it's installed into Program Files, but I can't seem to find any references of how to add any of the components to the toolbox in Visual Studio. I've tried browsing for components, but all it seems to have installed are dll's which don't seem to contain components.

I've tried loading some of the demo applications in C#, which open fine with the an AxLTMMLib.AxltmmCaptureCtrl already showing on a form in the designer. The name hinted at Interop.LTMMLib.dll and AxInterop.LTMMLib.dll, but Visual Studio says they contain no components.

I'm *very* new to Visual Studio and C#, so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks for any information on how to load the components in to the toolbox,

David

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2007 11:31:07 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

You  need to add the COM objects that come with the toolkit, not the Interop dlls.  Interop DLLs are created by Visual Studio.  When you choose the items for the toolbox, use the COM tab and search for the LEAD Multimedia Objects.  Depending on the compiler they might show up all in one or separately like ltmmPlayCtrl, but they are all inside ltmm15.dll

#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:32:59 PM(UTC)
australisblue

Thanks for the info. I have three controls installed now, so shall start experimenting! I am not sure if this information was in the help? I couldn't find much info in the install in getting it up and working in Visual Studio (but I may have missed it..).

I may post this separately, but will ask here anyway. What Lead Tool files need to be redistributed with an end application, such as a video capture application (which I also want to include brightness, contrast etc filters with) on a clients machine? Is there any way to package any required com objects within the one exe? (I'm used to Delphi and being able to compile all the delphi controls into one convenient exe..)

Thanks
David

#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:38:49 PM(UTC)
australisblue

Whoops, I think the "Do not allow replies to this post." was accidentally checked on my last post as it says it's locked! I must have subconsciously checked it as I'm used to a "Notify me of updates" type box there..

#5 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 12:08:14 PM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Adding our objects to the toolbox is not documented by us because it has nothing to do with our software.  The documentation on the compiler would be the source for that kind of information.

To determine which files you need to distribute, please read the help file article, "Files to be Included With Your Application" and/or "Multimedia Files You Must Include With Your Application (Redistributables)". 

You shouldn't have any problems packaging everything you need into one installer.  However, you will need to consult the documentation and/or support for whatever utility you use to build your installer because that is not within the scope of the LEADTOOLS Technical Support department.