Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:22:18 PM(UTC)
needled247

Groups: Registered

Hi.

(TEST-CASE)
'H.264 coded-frames via UDP' -> [My Source Filter] -> [LEADTOOLS Decode Filter] -> [Video Renderer Filter]

Above test-case, I encountered some servere frame-drops in display. The timestamp of media samples is set in source filter, according to their receiving time.

I have built one 'dummy in-place transform filter', put it between 'LEADTOOLS decode filter' and 'Video Renderer'. As log printed by source filter and dummy filter, it is almost sure that frame-drops is done in LEADTOOLS decode filter. (I can analyze H.264 data syntax, so count coded-frames exactly. The number of decoded-frames is much less than it of  received coded-frames. Also, I guaranteed that H.264 coded-frames used in test-case is all valid.)

I wonder why LEADTOOLS decode filter has done this frame-drops, and how I can avoid this situation (especially working with live data source/timestamping, for example UDP or Capture-Device). Can the buffering some data in source filter be a solution?

Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2007 11:29:37 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The H264 decoder drops frames purposefully to keep it in sync with the time.  You cannot buffer the data either.  The closest thing to buffering you could do would be to load the video file in memory so that the decoder can decode from there rather than from disk. 

If you are dropping too many frames, you need to shrink the source data so that your computer has less processing to do.  Either that you can improve results with faster hardware.