Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 8:47:24 AM(UTC)
derevell

Groups: Registered

Hello, I was in the middle of demoing the v14.5 OCR in C# when I upgraded to v15 to see what further functionality is provided. Now my code will not work and the documentation seems to not be updated. I am trying to loop through FAX tiff images in a directory and clean them up (despekle, skew, etc.) and then OCR them and save the text in memory. It looks like the IRasterImage is now renamed or something. Can support post an example of the v15 OCR? Also, the RasterCodecs.CodecsPath = @"C:\Program Files\LEAD Technologies, Inc\LEADTOOLS .NET Class Library\Bin";
doesn't seem to be a property anymore.
Kind Regards,
David Revell

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:39:35 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello David,

There are few differences between LEADTOOLS v14.5 and v15. To
know about these changes and what are the functions and methods that were renamed or removed, please refer to the "Changes from Version 14.5 to Version 15" topic in LEADTOOLS v15 .NET help file.

About the IRasterImage interface, it has been removed. You should use the RasterImage class instead.

The functions you use to clean up the TIFF images are also
included in the help file. However they need a reference to the following DLL that was not in LEADTOOLS v14.5:
Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Core.dll

Also, RasterCodecs.CodecsPath is no longer supported. The
codecs must be in the application path or in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC). Please
refer to the RasterCodecs.Startup "Startup Method" topic in LEADTOOLS Raster .NET Class Library help file.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:15:08 AM(UTC)
derevell

Groups: Registered

I am in the evaluation process and would really like a good OCR sample that cleans a fax .tif file and then OCR in C#. It would be nice to have any tricks to get the best OCR quality outlined in the example too.
Kind Regards,
David Revell

#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 5:53:49 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello David,

If you open the main C# demo, you will find the main
document cleanup functions under the Image-> Document menu (See attached
screen shot). Check their code there and you can find all used methods documented in the help file.

About OCR, it has a separate demo project, which you can find under the following Path in your start menu:

[LEADTOOLS Start menu entry 15] -> Document Imaging Suite (OCR) -> Dotnet Class Library

File Attachment(s):
C#Demo.zip (47kb) downloaded 35 time(s).