Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:15:15 AM(UTC)
cybermage

Groups: Registered

We are trying to us the Lead Multimedia library to convert DVD video to Windows Media video. We are doing this by selecting the video_ts.ifo file on the DVD. These are non copy protected DVDs. Usually produced either by a DVD camcorder or some one copying thier DV video from teir comcorder to a DVD.
The most common problem we see is 'Filter in the wrong state' error. There is no indication of which filter has the problem.
I am looking for help on resolving this error. I have some specific questions:
1.) I thought I saw a reference somewhere that stated that you needed a third party DVD player software in order to use Lead to play a DVD. Is this true and does the same restriction hold true when trying to convert a DVD?
2.) Is there any documention available that identifies what I need to distribute in order to do a DVD conversion?
3.) Is there an example showing how to convert a DVD?
4.) Resolution to the above mentioned error.
5.) Was able to convert the DVD without the error, but the resulting file only contained audio - no video. What would cause this to happen?
6.) In some cases the video begins to convert but then the resulting file shows the video will lock up on a single frame for the remainder of the video, even though the DVD plays fine.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2006 10:44:35 PM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

About your questions:
1. To convert from DVD, you need to have DVD decoding software installed on the machine. LEADTOOLS does not install one for you.
In other words, prior to being able to convert from DVD with LEADTOOLS, you must be able to play the DVD using Windows Media Player.

2. You can refer to our Multimedia help files and check the
"Files to be Included with Your Application" topic in our help files to see the required files that you need to distribute with your applications.

3. We do not have a specific example for DVDs only.
However, you can use the ltmmConvert object to change from
one media format to another. You may recompress the data stream with selectable
compressors, apply video processing, or apply audio processing. And this object allows you to change form MPEG2 format and DVDs to WMV.

4, 5 & 6:

Mostly, multimedia problems are unique, even when they have
similar error numbers. There are techniques that could help you isolate them,
such as using the EditGraph function in our toolkit. If a certain problem is
difficult to solve, send us its details and if possible steps to reproduce it and we will try to help you.
You can either post here or sent to support@leadtools.com

#3 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2006 6:07:39 AM(UTC)
cybermage

Groups: Registered

Sorry, should have replied sooner. This did answer my question. It is as I suspected and confirmed our test results.

Thanks