Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2006 10:29:10 PM(UTC)

Petr  
Petr

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I've got a source code written with an old version of LT and compiled in VC++ 6 and I need to build it using VS 2005. I downloaded LT 14.5 eval but it doesn't help - stuff like BITMAPHANDLE stays undefined. How can I update the source code to LT 14.5? Any tutorial what to write instead of BITMAPHANDLE? Or is there any older LT available for download and purchase that would be VS 2005 compatible and had the BITMAPHANDLE stuff?

Thanks.

Petr

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:50:32 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Petr,
Newer versions of Visual Studio are backward-compatible with Visual C++ 6. This means the DLL APIs of all our old toolkits should work with Visual Studio 2005. If you own an old toolkit and you don't need any of the new features, you should be able to compile it with no changes to the code itself.

If you don't own the older toolkit and would like to ask about purchasing it, you need to contact sales@leadtools.com for information about availability and pricing.

About the current version of LEADTOOLS, it does contain definitions like BITMAPHANDLE, but you must use the DLL API. If you are using other programming interfaces such as the .NET classes or the COM objects, you will not find these definitions.
Furthermore, there are usually changes between different versions of LEADTOOLS (such as 12, 13 and 14), so you will not be able to compile the code unless you modify it. For information about these changes, refer to the Version History section and read help topics named "Changes from Version X to Version Y".

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo