Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:35:18 AM(UTC)
SpieBelgium

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I want to print with a supervisory software. This software prints alarms line by lines. I try an printing on a dot-matrix printer with continuous paper. I created a printjob for a printing on several printers.

With the demo version, every lines are printed with a space of a page A4 and the logo of the demo at the end of the page.

I need to know if with the complete version, I can print line by line on continuous paper without going to the following page.

Nicolas

Spie Belgium

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2006 1:14:26 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello Nicolas,

LEADTOOLS ePrint always prints in units of whole pages. It
cannot print to continuous paper and produce varying-length output. This is not specific to the evaluation edition.

Depending on how your dot-matrix printer driver works, you might be able to work around this limitation as follows:
1. Create a custom paper size for the ePrint printer you're using to become very short (e.g. 5% of the height of A4).
2. Print through ePrint to your dot-matrix printer and see if it advances less than A4.

Like I said, this not guaranteed to work, because it also
depends on the other driver, not ePrint alone. If the dot-matrix driver supports different paper sizes, try to set a small paper size as well.

If it works, set the height of the paper to be approximately one line, and ePrint will send each line as a separate page to the printer.

About the logo at the bottom of the printed paper by ePrint,
this logo will not appear when you purchase the full version of ePrint5 and print your documents using it.