Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:23:45 AM(UTC)

geneb  
geneb

Groups: Registered

I'm getting an invalid file format error with normal .TIF files.  When viewing the files in IE, they display with no errors.

I've updated to the latest patch release for 14.5.

The code:

Dim imageInfo As CodecsImageInfo

Try

fileName = Me.Tag

codecs = New RasterCodecs

imageInfo = codecs.GetInformation(fileName, True)

imageBuf = codecs.Load(fileName, 0, CodecsLoadByteOrder.BgrOrGray, 1, imageInfo.TotalPages)

imgScan.Image = imageBuf

lblInfo.Text = "There are " & Convert.ToString(imageInfo.TotalPages) & " pages available to view."

imageLoaded = True

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox(ex.ToString)

End Try

The exception is thrown on the codecs.GetInformation() line.

I'm using ClickOnce deployment for this application, however it fails in the same manner if I install the application "normally" as well.

This one is a show stopper for me and I need to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

Gene Buckle

Sr.Programmer/Analyst, CertainTeed Corp.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2006 8:11:53 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Invalid File Format errors are thrown either because the file format is actually invalid or if the filter DLL cannot be found.  If the image loads properly in the LEADTOOLS precompiled demo applications, then it is likely because you have not deployed the proper filter DLL or you have not properly set the RasterCodecs.CodecsPath to the directory where your filter DLLs are located.

Try calling RasterCodecs.CodecsPath = "your filter DLL directory" before you create a new instance of your RasterCodecs class.  Your best bet it is to set the CodecsPath property in your Form_Load event.