Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:30:15 AM(UTC)
Ozymandias76

Groups: Registered

I am developing an application in vb.net 2.0 with the raster imaging tools v14.5 where I need to use (and subsequently store) a drawn rectangles physical X,Y pixel coordinates as opposed to the coordinates relative to the control/screen. These values are needed to pass to a document management system. I have racked my brain trying to figure it out and am sure I am missing something very simple. Thanks in advance!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:02:24 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

LEADTOOLS Raster Imaging SDK
alone (without Raster Imaging Pro .NET) does not contain .NET classes.
If you are using it, this means you are using the Main OCX. If that's
the case, you can use the ClientToBitmap method to do the conversion from Control coordinates to Physical (Bitmap pixel) coordinates.

If that's not what you're trying to do, please explain it in more detail.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:33:29 AM(UTC)
Ozymandias76

My fault, we are using the Raster Imaging Pro .NET, selecting a region using the following and needing the physical coordinates of the rectangle -

RasterImageViewer1.InteractiveMode = Leadtools.WinForms.RasterViewerInteractiveMode.Region
RasterImageViewer1.InteractiveRegionType = Leadtools.WinForms.RasterViewerInteractiveRegionType.Rectangle

Thanks!

#4 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:06:26 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Hello,

You may try to use the following code to translate the rectangle coordinates to physical coordinates:
+------------------------------+
Rectangle Rect = new Rectangle(0,0,100,100);
Transformer trans = new Transformer(rasterImageViewer1.Transform);

RectangleF RectF = new RectangleF(Rect.X,Rect.Y,Rect.Width,Rect.Height);

RectF = trans.RectangleToPhysical(RectF);
+------------------------------+

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#5 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:35:46 AM(UTC)
Ozymandias76

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that did not do the trick and maybe I'm not explaining it very well. I need to design an application where the user selects certain fields off of a scanned form and the locations of those fields are then stored in a table that is later used as a template by a document management system. The document management system then takes all 'like' forms and strips portions of the images based on the coordinates that the user selected with my application. When the user selects the rectangle, I need the actual coordinates and not relative coordinates to zoom, size of window, etc. Maybe I'm reading this wrong but when I apply the above transformation to the drawn rectangle, I still get a position returned that is relative to how the image is being displayed. I have to be missing something extremely simple here as the standard VS2005 PictureBox control returns the physical coordinate.

Here is the code I'm using

(Loading Image)
Dim codec As RasterCodecs = New RasterCodecs
Dim image As IRasterImage = codec.Load(strImagePath)
Dim info As CodecsImageInfo = codec.GetInformation(strImagePath, True)
RasterImageViewer1.Image = image
RasterImageViewer1.SizeMode = RasterViewerSizeMode.Fit
RasterImageViewer1.InteractiveMode = Leadtools.WinForms.RasterViewerInteractiveMode.Region
RasterImageViewer1.InteractiveRegionType = Leadtools.WinForms.RasterViewerInteractiveRegionType.Rectangle
AddHandler RasterImageViewer1.InteractiveRegionRectangle, New RasterViewerRectangleEventHandler(AddressOf rasterImageViewer1_InteractiveRegionRetangleRgnRect)

And the event handler for the drawn rectangle -
Private Sub rasterImageViewer1_InteractiveRegionRetangleRgnRect(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As RasterViewerRectangleEventArgs)
If e.Status = RasterViewerInteractiveStatus.End Then
If e.Rectangle.IsEmpty() = False Then
SelectedRect = e.Rectangle
tbLeft.Text = SelectedRect.X
tbTop.Text = SelectedRect.Y
tbBottom.Text = SelectedRect.Y + SelectedRect.Height
tbRight.Text = SelectedRect.X + SelectedRect.Width

Dim trans As New Transformer(RasterImageViewer1.Transform)
Dim RectF As New RectangleF(SelectedRect.X, SelectedRect.Y, SelectedRect.Width, SelectedRect.Height)
RectF = trans.RectangleToPhysical(RectF)
MsgBox(RectF.X.ToString & "," & RectF.Y.ToString & "," & RectF.Top.ToString & "," & RectF.Bottom.ToString)
End If
End If
End Sub

Any help is greatly appreciated on this!

#6 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2006 3:11:35 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Hello,

If you want the actual pixels coordinates regardless of zooming or scrolling,try to use the trans.RectangleToLogical(RectF) instead of trans.RectangleToPhysical(RectF) in your code.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan