Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2006 11:26:31 AM(UTC)
Warfarin

Groups: Registered

So, when enumerating Twain sources these days the LeadTools function L_TwainEnumSources will show, for instance: EPSON Perfection 3170.  I choose to set properties with that name and it forces the pop-up instead on acquire.  The pop-up for selecting the twain shows: EPSON Perfection 3170 2.65 (32-32).

Now, if I programmatically set the source name to the EXACT string shown above that the Select shows (to try to get around the pop-up), it still fails and the pop-up shows the list of twain devices with one of the choices being the aforementioned EPSON Perfection 3170 2.65 (32-32) string....

Any idea what causes this?  Just for FYI, I have a LeadTools 14.5 program that uses the VCL component that demonstrates this exact behavior as well.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2006 9:58:26 AM(UTC)

Otis  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

L_TwainEnumSources is no longer a supported function. It was replaced by L_TwainGetSources. This function basically uses a callback function to give you the information for each TWAIN driver installed on your machine. Based on the information this function returns to you, you can set the device programmatically using L_TwainSelectSource. Set LTWAINSOURCE.pszTwainSourceName equal to the name of the desired device and then pass the address of the LTWAINSOURCE structure for the pltSource parameter in L_TwainSelectSource. Both of the above functions are documented with sample code in the API TWAIN help file.