Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:10:37 PM(UTC)
NanQiYun

Groups: Registered

In many cases,We only need read the head of Dicom files in spite of pixel data.Do you have this method?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2006 3:25:20 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Using our medical toolkits, you can get any element from a DICOM data set, not only the pixel data. If you can't find how to do it, please send me the following:
1. A sample DICOM data set. You can either post it here or send it to support@leadtools.com
2. Tell me what information you want to extract from the data set.
3. Tell me which LEADTOOLS version (13, 14, etc.) and Programming interface (OCX, DLL API, C++ Classes, etc.) you are using.

Important note: if you post or email files, please put them in a ZIP file first.  

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2006 7:19:10 PM(UTC)
NanQiYun

Use "FindFirstElement" method!Do you mean this?I must say sorry for my English,Maye what I have said is not very clear.

I must invoke LoadDS() before FindFirstElement(),right?And "LoadDS" will read the whole Dicom file to the memoy.I think it will waste much memory and time,isn't it ? Indeed,I only desire for the head of dicom file.For example,"Patient Name""StudyID""ImageType"etc.

A method like "Readhead()"  will be better,I think!

I still email the zip file and requirments to you.

ps:I use your toolkits version 14 with C++Classes.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2006 2:03:55 PM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Using the main imaging toolkit (not the DICOM class itself), you can use the ReadComment (or API L_ReadFileComment) to get the following values from a DICOM data set:
CMNT_SZPATIENTNAME
CMNT_SZPATIENTID
CMNT_SZPATIENTBIRTHDATE
CMNT_SZPATIENTSEX
CMNT_SZSTUDYINSTANCE
CMNT_SZSTUDYDATE
CMNT_SZSTUDYTIME
CMNT_SZSTUDYREFERRINGPHYSICIAN
CMNT_SZSERIESMODALITY
CMNT_SZSERIESID
CMNT_SZSERIESNUMBER

For other information, you need to load the data set.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:51:20 AM(UTC)

foulks  
foulks

Does the method FindFirstElement return an error if the data it's looking for is not there?
For instance, using FindFirstElement to get the accession number or modality. Does it return an error if the data is not there or just null?
I am getting a errors, like 'general failure' when i invoke this method on most of the datasets.
The index and count paramenters in the method are rightly specified.

#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:51:05 PM(UTC)

Bashar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you are using the COM objects then yes, the method will return an
error code if the element is not found.  However, the error you get doesn't indicate that this is the problem.

Which version of LEADTOOLS are you using?

Do you get the error with any of the DICOM files that ship with
LEADTOOLS?  You can find them in the Images folder.  You can look for  TAG_PIXEL_DATA as all those file contain pixel data.

#7 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:38:08 AM(UTC)

foulks  
foulks

Yes, I do get the error with the dicom files in the Images folder. Oh, by the way, the error is rather, "Invalid parameter passed" - error code 20013. I get the 'general failure' when trying to convert a stringValue that is not there.
Looking for TAG_PIXEL_DATA in those images returns okay. But looking for other tags (e.g. modality, body part, institution name and plenty others) returns an error. I guess as you mentioned with the COM objects, it would be the case (?)

Using Version 14.0

#8 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2006 4:01:28 AM(UTC)

Bashar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Yes, if you are getting the error when looking for an element that doesn't exist in the data set then this is normal.