Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:54:27 AM(UTC)
babyhead

Groups: Registered

Dear Sir:

I am using Leadtools Vector Imaging 14.0. I encounted a problem with Vector Group and VECTOR_CLONE. I loaded a SVG file with 2 Vector Clone objects (Please see the attachments. You can see that one of the clone objects contains there sub objects. Originally, I can select the clone object as a whole (all there sub objects will be selected when click within any one of them). However, my customer requires to change the characteristics of  each sub object when the mouse hit within a single sub object. For example change the color of the first sub object to blue and the second to green. I found two ways to do that. The first is to explode the clone object into small sections. However, with this method, the user will not be able  to select the clone object as a whole after the explode operation. The second way is to enum each group to modify each sub object within the group. However, there are no hit test function available for sub objects within the clone object. So could u help me to find some way that can meet both needs? (eg. when the mouse hits a clone object, the application can 1.Select the clone object as a whole, 2. Modify the color of sub object within the clone object that was "hit" by the mouse pointer)

Best Regards

W Yuan

File Attachment(s):
grp.zip (12kb) downloaded 37 time(s).

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:02:01 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You could work around the problem as follows:
- Make a temporary copy or the clone object into a second vector handle.
- Explode the temp object and perform hit testing there.
- Change the properties you need, then group the objects again.
- Copy the modified clone object from the temp handle, remove the original clone from the original handle, and insert the modified clone there.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo