Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2006 10:23:41 AM(UTC)
MMorales

Groups: Registered

I have Lead Document Imaging v14.0 installed in my computer and I downloaded the evaluation version 14.5 but now my old application using  the licensed version is pointing to the objects in the evaluation version.

Is there a way to avoid this, and have both version installed in the same computer?

Thanks

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:06:19 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

For LEADTOOLS ActiveX and COM objects, the Evaluation and Release versions have the same class IDs and programming interfaces. This means registering one of them will cause it to replace the other.

This should not cause any problems in you case. You can simply use the free evaluation edition, even in your old application. When you finish evaluation, uninstall the EVAL and re-register all the Release objects.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:53:20 AM(UTC)
MMorales

Groups: Registered

I just uninstall the evaluation version, register the ocx again, and re-compile my programs, but some users are getting the internal error 20900. The error says:

OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from LTOCX14N: LEAD Error: Internal Error 20900 - call LEAD..

Could you help me to fix it?

Thank you

Melva

#4 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2006 10:29:01 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Melva,
This error is ERROR_LTCLR_DLL_NOTLOADED "The LTCLR DLL is not loaded".
Some functions need the file LTCLR14N.DLL for color conversion and image display, so you should distribute it if your program uses any of these functions.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo