Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:51:43 AM(UTC)
cousinski

Groups: Registered

I created a C# web service that converts a PDF to TIFF images, and use VisualStudio's installer to create a corresponding msi file.  Everything works fine when I install this onto a development machine but when I try installing to a production machine things error out.  Everything points to missing dependencies but I can't figure out which are missing, much less if this is really the problem. When I try loading the PDF using this method:

Leadtools.Codecs.RasterCodecs.Load( System.String fileName , System.Int32 width , System.Int32 height , System.Int32 bitsPerPixel , Leadtools.RasterSizeFlags flags , Leadtools.Codecs.CodecsLoadByteOrder order , System.Int32 firstPage , System.Int32 lastPage )

Here's the error logged:

Leadtools.RasterException: Either the files required for initializing the PDF engine were not found or they were found but they are incorrect
   at Leadtools.RasterException.CheckErrorCode(Int32 code)
   at Leadtools.Codecs.RasterCodecs.Load(LoadParams loadParams)
   at Leadtools.Codecs.RasterCodecs.Load(String fileName, Int32 bitsPerPixel, CodecsLoadByteOrder order, Int32 firstPage, Int32 lastPage)
   at USHH.MLS.PDF2OneNote.PDF2OneNoteLib.ConvertPDF2OneNoteTIFF(String pdf, String onenote, String sectionName, String author)

Here are the dlls that are present in the same directory as the custom dll that attempts to use them:

Leadtools.Codecs.Abc.dll
Leadtools.Codecs.dll
Leadtools.Codecd.pdf.dll
Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll
Leadtools.Compatability.dll
Leadtools.dll
Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Color.dll
Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Effects.dll
Leadtools.Kernel.Codecs.dll
Leadtools.Kernel.Codecs.Interfaces.dll
Leadtools.Kernel.dll
Leadtools.Mrc.dll
Leadtools.pdf.dll

The development machines (WinXP) have the following installed on them, while the production machine (Win2K) does not:

Leadtools OCR Runtime
Leadtools PDF Runtime
Leadtools Raster Imaging PRO for .NET14.5

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

-dave

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2006 6:43:25 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Dave,
You need to copy the PDF run-time files from the LEADTOOLS\Redist\PDF folder to a folder on the production machine, and set that folder's path in the codecs.Options.Pdf.InitialPath property.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo