Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2006 6:54:22 AM(UTC)
dsubryan

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am getting a 'Invalid Format' error when trying to display an image in a RasterImageViewer.  On my development machine I can display the images perfectly.  But when I build the project and try running it on a test machine I get the Invalid Format Error.  I have double checked the following:

- Test machine has msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll
- Test machine has .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed
- All the required dll's are in the exe's folder on Test machine
- Using the following code for codecs path on Development Machine:

RasterCodecs.CodecsPath = "C:\Program Files\LEAD Technologies,         Inc\LEADTOOLS EVAL 14.5\Redist\DOTNET"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:53:38 PM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

David,
Do you copy all the codec DLL files to a folder named "C:\Program Files\LEAD Technologies, Inc\LEADTOOLS EVAL 14.5\Redist\DOTNET" on the test machine?
If not, you need to change the CodecsPath string to the actual location where the codecs are located. It could be a relative location such as ".", which means the current folder where the EXE is copied.
Another option is to add references to the needed codec DLLs to the project instead of using the CodecsPatch, but only add the ones you need because adding all of them can be cumbersome.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:33:24 AM(UTC)
dsubryan

Groups: Registered

Hello,

It worked! I tried your second suggestion by removing the CodecsPath code and simply added a reference to the codec that I needed (Leadtools.Codecs.Bmp.DLL).

Thank you very much!

David