Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2006 11:43:44 AM(UTC)
mgilbert65

Groups: Registered

I'm new to this forum and haven't event tried to use the OCR SDK. If the answer to my question is answered favorably, then I'm going for it.

Suppose I have a tif image and somewhere on the image is the text 'Account#: 1234567'. I would want to ocr the document to find 'Account#:', but the text I really want to extract is the '1234567' part. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Mark

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 4:59:29 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting LEADTOOLS.

(1) You can use the OCR features to OCR the image that contains the original Text, and then search inside the OCR result.
The details depend on the programming interface that you use.

However, if you are using the COM programming interface, after calling the LEADRasterDocument.Recognize method, you can retrieve the recognized words using the LEADRasterDocument.GetRecognizedWords method. Then you can retrieve the recognized word in a specific index by using the LEADRasterDocument.RecognizedWord property, which is updated by the GetRecognizedWords method with an array of strings, in which each string is one of the recognized words.
After this, you can compare between the string that you want (For example "1234567") with the recognized string.

For more information about the correlation bitmap method, please refer to the LEADTOOLS OCR Com Help file and read the following topics:
- GetRecognizedWords method (ILEADRasterDocument).
- RecognizedWord property (ILEADRasterDocument).

(2) If you have the text on image (as bitmap, not as text) you may try to use the LEADRasterProcess.Correlation method, which compares the bitmap references by pCorrelationRaster (or part of the bitmap) with all the areas of the same dimensions in the bitmap references by pRaster and finds those portions that match according to the measure of correlation.
For more information about the correlation bitmap method, please refer to the LEADTOOLS Main Com Help file and read the following topic:
- Correlation method (ILEADRasterProcess).

Please try the above instructions and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support