Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 10:42:38 AM(UTC)

QUIZJAX  
QUIZJAX

Groups: Registered

On our internal network I'm running a capture control application on PC A and a play control application on PC B.  Both boxes are at my desk.  I'm using the H264 standard compression and the Corbis Audio compression.  Currently I'm receiving about about a 3-4 second delay from source to destination.  I would expect it to be more real time especially on a 100MBit network.  Can you give me an idea of what the expected lag should be.  I willl ultimately be running over a DSL (256K maybe) circuit and streaming video and audio over both ways.  Are there any tweaks I can make to make the delay smaller?  Obviously when carrying on a conversation the delay is doubled when you have 2 way teleconferencing.

Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:23:59 AM(UTC)

Ali  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

These setting are preferable to make the video-conference much faster:

1) Reduce the size of the video to 320x240
2) Enable SuperCompression
3) Use the Standard encoder, or in the property page for the Professional encoder leave only SAD and 16x16 checked in the Motion Estimation group
4) Reduce the frame rate to something like 10fps. You can reduce this in the capture device or in the H264 Encoder property page. Use YUV format for capture whenever available
5) Try to set the No. of Ps between 2 Is to be 2 and  No. of Bs between 2 Ps to be 6

And for the Audio Vorbis codec
- Enable Variable Rate.
- In the Quality Factor list he should set it to Small Size 3 / Default.

Did those steps help ?

Thanks,
Ali Abo Al-Rob
LEADTOOLS Technical Support