Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2023 12:15:52 PM(UTC)

MIET  
MIET

Groups: Registered

I am converting an old application from Access 2013 32-bit to Access 64-bit. I have added the OCX reference Lead Main ActiveX Control(16.0) "ltocxu.ocx" to the Access references. When I am in form design, I am unable to add the image control when I use the ActiveX Controls from the objects menu.

Am I missing something or is this a compatibility issue I haven't been able to find in Google?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2023 9:07:40 AM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

What may likely be occurring here is, if you're using a 32 bit version of Visual Studio, the designer is incompatible with 64-bit libraries. As such, you may need to add the elements you're using programmatically instead. This is a limitation of Visual Studio. Note later versions of Visual Studio (starting with 2022) are 64-bit and may be able to circumvent this, however, this doesn't necessarily mean OCX components can be used with it.

We patch and maintain the current and most recent versions of the toolkit, which are v22 and v21 respectively. As such, v16 is out of maintenance. In addition, we've phased out ActiveX controls and OCX components from later versions of the toolkit. If you wish to use a more recent version, you'll need to update your application.
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2023 3:44:35 PM(UTC)

MIET  
MIET

V16 must be 32-bit cause it works in x86 versions from Microsoft but the 64-bit versions of MS Office products.

#4 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2023 12:05:16 PM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

If this is explicitly occurring in the VS designer, you can create a 32-bit platform for the purpose of using the designer, then compile to a 64-bit platform.
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2023 1:04:41 AM(UTC)
noramila

Check that the version of LeadTools is compatible with MS Access 2013 x64 bit and also Confirm that the
Quote:
ltocxu.ocx
file is correctly registered for 64-bit Access. Use the Command Prompt with administrative rights and execute: regsvr32
Quote:
path\to\ltocxu.ocx
to register the OCX file and consider using the 32-bit version of MS Access if the compatibility issue persists. Some ActiveX controls might work more reliably in the 32-bit version.