Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 10:58:22 AM(UTC)

longnnb  
longnnb

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I'm working in a project which is using both LeadTools PDFFile class and PDFDocument class. Everything is working fine for local disk files (from an NFS).
However, now we have a plan to move all the pdf files to AWS S3, then pull the object from S3 into a MemoryStream for processing.
We can work perfectly fine with the PDFDocument class since it supports Stream as a parameter for the constructor.
Unfortunately, the PDFFile class only supports on-disk files which is not what we expected.
Could you please give me some advices that in which way the PDFFile class can work with a MemoryStream?
Or do the development team have any plan support Stream for PDFFile class in the near future?

Thank you so much.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:59:24 AM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Apologies, but we don't currently offer this functionality. However, we do have a feature request open for this to be implemented. I've created a case for this and have updated the feature request to accommodate your interest in it. When I receive any information back from our engineering department regarding this, I'll reach out to you via email.

I noticed you had a similar forum post to this one--I've removed that one and will reach out to you using this one.
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo
thanks 1 user thanked Nick for this useful post.
longnnb on 5/12/2021(UTC)

#3 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 3:18:01 AM(UTC)

longnnb  
longnnb

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Nick Go to Quoted Post
Apologies, but we don't currently offer this functionality. However, we do have a feature request open for this to be implemented. I've created a case for this and have updated the feature request to accommodate your interest in it. When I receive any information back from our engineering department regarding this, I'll reach out to you via email.

I noticed you had a similar forum post to this one--I've removed that one and will reach out to you using this one.

Thank you, Nick,

I have another question, is LeadTools suitable to run on AWS lambda?
If yes, could you give me any references for implementation?

Thanks

#4 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 10:08:19 AM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

The toolkit can be deployed to AWS environments. We have a blog post available showing how to use our DocumentConverter in an AWS environment along with links to tutorial.
https://www.leadtools.co...rt-documents-aws-lambda/

Note this only covers DocumentConverter functionality but can be extended to accommodate your use case.
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo
thanks 1 user thanked Nick for this useful post.
longnnb on 5/14/2021(UTC)