Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:14:04 AM(UTC)
siva0468

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Can you please suggest me how to track print pop events.

Example i have clicked on print button from image viewer and its showing up dialogue with Print and Cancel, how to track whether user clicked on print or cancel button.

Can you please share me sample piece of code or documentation for it.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:32:29 PM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hello,

Note this depends on what language you're developing in. For .NET applications, printing is passed to the system via the PrintDialog.
https://docs.microsoft.c...tdialog?view=netcore-3.1

You can examine the returned DialogResult value from PrintDialog.Show() to see if OK or Cancel was selected.

Note for HTML5/JS, you'll need to use webkit matchMedia events to add an event listener for the print dialog. However, it'll also be necessary to create an extension and monitor the onPrintRequested event.

Note since the PrintDialog is a .NET component and the browser print dialog part of the browser and therefor not LEADTOOLS components, it'll be necessary to implement and examine these in your application yourselfe according to your development needs.
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:52:19 PM(UTC)
siva0468

Groups: Registered

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your information, i didnt find hints for it if you don't mind can you please provide few hints to achieve this using html5/javascript.

Note for HTML5/JS, you'll need to use webkit matchMedia events to add an event listener for the print dialog. However, it'll also be necessary to create an extension and monitor the onPrintRequested event.

Thank you,
Siva A.

#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 11:36:21 AM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Apologies, but as mentioned in my prevoius post the browser print dialogue is a function of the browser and is not a LEADTOOLS component, and is therefor out of scope for the LEADTOOLS support department. You'll need to incorporate this in your application as necessary according to your development needs.

Here's some information I found courtesy of StackOverflow which may serve as a good starting point. Note this is a third-party link and as such LEAD cannot vouch for its accuracy or contribution toward your development.
https://stackoverflow.co...tect-window-print-finish
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo