Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:50:23 AM(UTC)
gregPhil

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I trying to generate 8Bit monochromatic uncompressed AVI's using the multimedia SDK and the .Net API.
My problem is that I'm getting psychedelic looking videos. If I check the avi header, everything like bitdepth, number frames, framesize, beside the color palette.
The color palette is not applied correctly to the avi header, even if I bring the bring the bitmap palette in the right order for every bitmap I pass to the converter.
The color palette in the Avi should be (Alpha Red Green Blue): 00 01 01 01, 00 02 02 02, 00 03 03 03, etc.
But it is: 00 55 00 00 00 AA 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 55 24 00 etc. -> That’s the default palette!

It seems like even if I apply a bitmap with a palette in the right order to the compressor, the palette is reset or the default one is taken.

How can I set a palette to the avi Converter by myself?

thanks in advance
Greg

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:28:43 AM(UTC)
Josh Clark

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Hello Greg,

To convert a video to an 8bit grayscale avi file, you can use the Video converter demo and use the LEAD Video RGB Converter video processor set to an output type of RGB8 (Gray). The demo should be located here:
C:\LEADTOOLS 20\Examples\Multimedia\ltmm\Dotnet\CS\Convert

If you are not using similar methods as the demo then how are you creating the grayscale avi and what method are you using to retrieve the palette information post conversion?

Thanks,
Josh Clark
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo