Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:52:29 PM(UTC)
Dao Van Cuong

Groups: Registered

Hi leadtools!
I am using leadtools 19 trial version to print a dicom image to dicom printer. My computer has only one network card and I have to connect to 2 dicom printer. one has address 10.0.0.1 and one has address 192.168.10.1. so I set two dynamic address 10.0.0.10 and 192.168.10.10 so that I can ping to two dicom printers
when I set Associate to those dicom printer I use the method
public bool Associate(
string printScuIP,
int printScuPort,
string printScpIP,
int printScpPort,
string calledTitle,
string callingTitle,
DicomPrintScuPrintManagementClassFlags supportedClasses
)
with printScuIP as 10.0.0.10 for printScpIP 10.0.0.1 and printScuIP as 192.168.10.10 for printScpIP 192.168.10.1
printScuPort=0 for two cases
My result is sometime success but sometime failed with following exception
Leadtools.Dicom.DicomException: The address is already in use
at Leadtools.Dicom.DicomException.CheckErrorCode(Int32 code)
at Leadtools.Dicom.DicomPrintScu.Associate(String printScuIP, Int32 printScuPort, String printScpIP, Int32 printScpPort, String calledTitle, String callingTitle, DicomPrintScuPrintManagementClassFlags supportedClasses)

Could you please tell me how to solved this issue so that It can be more stable?
Thanks in advance!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:54:14 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

What exactly do you mean when you say you're setting a dynamic address? Are you just referring to your use of two different IP addresses depending on which Printer SCP you are trying to connect to? Is there a specific reason you need to use different addresses to connect to these two DICOM printers?

Passing 0 for the SCU port should select the first available local port. So it doesn't make any sense that you wouldn't be able to get an available port from the local machine unless the IP address specified does not belong to the local machine. Do the IP addresses 10.0.0.10 and 192.168.10.10 both correspond to your computer, and do they show up when using the command "ipconfig /all" on your machine? Given that it does work sometimes, I suspect they are both tied to your machine.

Another thought that came to mind is have you noticed this issue occurring when another application is also trying to print to the same printer?
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo
thanks 1 user thanked Walter for this useful post.
Dao Van Cuong on 1/17/2018(UTC)

#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:53:55 PM(UTC)
Dao Van Cuong

Groups: Registered

- What exactly do you mean when you say you're setting a dynamic address? Are you just referring to your use of two different IP addresses depending on which Printer SCP you are trying to connect to? Is there a specific reason you need to use different addresses to connect to these two DICOM printers?
Answer: Sorry, I set static IP address not dynamic IP address, because my computer need to connect to two Printer SCP

- Passing 0 for the SCU port should select the first available local port. So it doesn't make any sense that you wouldn't be able to get an available port from the local machine unless the IP address specified does not belong to the local machine. Do the IP addresses 10.0.0.10 and 192.168.10.10 both correspond to your computer, and do they show up when using the command "ipconfig /all" on your machine? Given that it does work sometimes, I suspect they are both tied to your machine.
Answer:Do you mean I need to specify local port corressponding to SCP insteadof passing 0 value for both cases

- Another thought that came to mind is have you noticed this issue occurring when another application is also trying to print to the same printer?
Answer: Only one application's working with Printer SCP

Thanks!

#4 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:55:43 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

The client SCU needs a local port out of the machine to connect with the remote port for the printer SCP. The printer SCP will have a static listening port. You've also noted it has a static IP address, which is good as well. The client SCU will need to pick an availalbe port on the local machine to make the call out. Generally you don't know what ports are available at any given moment though. If you pass 0, LEADTOOLS will take care of finding an open port and using that to make the (initial) DICOM connection.

If you're specifically giving LEADTOOLS a port to use and that port is already in use by another application, then the returned "The address is already in use" error is appropriate.

Can you also tell me if the printer SCP has a log that you can check? If yes, that should tell you if your client SCU has even been able to connect and/or associate with the printer SCP.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo