Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:40:43 PM(UTC)
tteveris

Groups: Registered

I have an enhanced meta file (from clipboard) that contains a 16bpp image RGBA, I save the image from the meta file as a 16 bpp bmp.
I want to now read the image and remove the alpha channel altogether. I have no control over the source of the clipboard data.

Using v17 c++ API, any direction would be appreciated.

T

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 11:04:57 AM(UTC)
Nick Villalobos

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

What may be best in order to remove the alpha channel of your 16bpp image will be to use L_ColorResBitmap to change your image to 12bpp. L_ColorResBitmap Converts a bitmap from any bits-per-pixel to any bits-per-pixel. This function provides flexibility in specifying the output destination and in specifying the palette to use. This will remove that alpha channel from your image when converting it to 12bpp. You can see a link to that here with Version 17:

There is also a code tip that was done a couple years back that demonstrates removing the alpha channel. This demo is written in VB / C# / CDLL using Version 19 of the SDK and within the CDLL project is an example of using L_ColorResBitmap. This should be very similar, if not the same, as Version 17.

Code Tip:
https://www.leadtools.com/support/forum/posts/t10994-Code-Tip--Removing-Alpha-Channel-from-32-and-64-bit-images
Nick Villalobos
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo