Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:26:40 PM(UTC)
ketchup201

Groups: Registered

We have been using LeadTools 15 with great results for a rather long time. Recently we've been required to upgrade to Windows 10 and when I attempted to install LeadTools 15 on it, the installer crashes with no error shortly after the splash screen appears.

Should I expect LeadTools 15 to work with with Windows 10?
If so, are there any log files somewhere that might indicate to me what the installation issue is about?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:48:08 PM(UTC)

Roberto  
Roberto

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello Ketchup201,

I have tested the LEADTOOLS version 15 installer on a clean Windows 10 machine and this installed without issue. Version 15 includes our COM components, the installer may be trying to register these but not have sufficient privileges to do so. You can try running the installer with elevated privileges, see if the issue still occurs. In case this is an issue with the copy of the installer you have I have sent you an email with a link to our version 15 installer.

Quote:
Should I expect LeadTools 15 to work with with Windows 10?

Not entirely. While it's a pleasant surprise that Version 15 installs and runs on Windows 10, this version of LEADTOOLS predates Windows 10 by a decade. My point being there are bound to be compatibility issues. Our team cannot guarantee full compatibility with Windows 10 for any version other than our current version 19. Furthermore, we only maintain the most current version and one previous. Meaning that if you find any issues with version 15 on Windows 10, our engineering team would not push out any fixes for version 15. If upgrading is a possibility for your team you can try our latest version for free:

https://www.leadtools.co...in&SrcOrigin=support

This is a 60 day evaluation.

Roberto Rodriguez
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo
thanks 1 user thanked Roberto for this useful post.
ketchup201 on 9/21/2017(UTC)

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:08:03 PM(UTC)
ketchup201

Groups: Registered

thank you for the information. I'll give it another try and if it doesn't work, I'll look into my configuration. Are there any log files your installer creates that I might be able to use in diagnosing the issue?

#4 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:29:24 PM(UTC)

Roberto  
Roberto

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

If there are any logs created by the installer I am not aware of them. I have requested this information from our engineering team and will update you once they have gotten back to me.
Roberto Rodriguez
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo