Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 8:40:23 AM(UTC)

TeeJay  
TeeJay

Groups: Registered

I've been using Eprint 6 for a few years with no issues. A couple of days ago my computer died on me and I lost everything on it and had to buy a new one. I bought a new one and went through the process of reinstalling leadtools on my new computer and everything seems to be okay except when I go to print my reports onto leadtools workstation like I normally do the option for leadtools doesn't show up in the drop down box of available printers. Any advice on how I get leadtools to show up in that drop down box for me to print me reports onto?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:11:38 AM(UTC)

Joe Z  
Joe Z

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

TeeJay,

When installing your copy of ePrint 6 on your new machine, did you install with administrator privileges? Windows prevents non-Admin users from adding printers, so the ePrint Task Printer Manager only works when run with Administrator privileges.

Additionally, did you grab the latest installer from our website? This installer contains the latest compatibility fixes and should be used whenever installing a new copy.

Here is the link to the installer:
https://www.eprintdriver.com/Download
Joe Zhan
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 2:33:31 PM(UTC)
Function

I had absolutely same problem. Install v.6 on new Win 7 computer using administrator privileges, BTW. Printer was not created. Uninstall and install again - no result. Uninstall and install v5. Same thing. Install ones again v.6 Finally printer icon is created but in property regular options like for physical printer not like I have on v.4 in Win XP. No OPTIONS, no SAVE. I afraid to reinstall again, it can disappear at all maybe.

#4 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 8:24:15 AM(UTC)

Joe Z  
Joe Z

Function,

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version of ePrint from our website? We've released a newer version that should resolve these issues you're experiencing.

https://www.eprintdriver.com/Download

Please download and install the latest version and let us know your results.

Joe Zhan
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 9:56:30 AM(UTC)
Function

I'm in beginning talking about newest version I download from this link lat week.
Just after this I install v5 (old one). Anyway: no one of your program modification created even printer icon but this one ID: 6.0.0.0-15.0 did.
But it just regular printing settings without function I need to try and for which reason I installed ePrint. But it works like regular Acrobat printer.

#6 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 3:07:44 PM(UTC)

Joe Z  
Joe Z

Function,

When installing, did you install with administrator privileges? If not, I would recommend for you to re-install. Occasionally Windows will prevent non-admin users from installing printers. If you're still having trouble after this, please send an email to ePrintSupport@leadtools.com and we'll assist you from there.
Joe Zhan
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#7 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 3:45:57 PM(UTC)
Function

Of course I installed with administrator privileges. And I did it on several machines. Problem is created only on this one.
When I print it asked me about my needs, like files names, path, print in separate file, also add printer, etc but no option to save this configuration for all prints and system asks for every single print again.
I have no authority to decide how many license we should buy but I should provide my boss information if it works on every Win7 & Win10 machines same way as v.4 works on WinXP.