Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:13:34 AM(UTC)
GreyChow

Groups: Registered

Hi

I am using Kodak i920 with 32-bit twain driver. When I try to scan using the TwainSession.Acquire or TwainSession.FastAcquire, the scanner do not return from scanning state once it has complete scan through all the papers on the feeder. It will remain stuck there even I click cancel. Attached the screenshot.

LeadTools.JPG

I try to do the same testing from the sample source code that provided, example "TwainMultiPageDemo", I am facing the same problem, although I have set the TwainSession.StartUp to load the 32-bit driver.

However, when I direct run the CSTwainMultiPageDemo_Original.exe and do the scanning from there, it works fine.

I really need some advice on this.

Thanks!

Edited by user Friday, February 24, 2017 3:00:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:07:54 PM(UTC)

Roberto  
Roberto

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello GreyChow

The project you are testing that contains the sample source code, are you building this for x64 or x86? Do you have the 64bit version of the Kodak i920 drivers to test with?

From the information provided thus far we are not able to determine what is causing the UI to hang. Would you be able to share the project you are testing? Please remeber not to share any private licensing information here in the public forums, you can leave any license details out of your project.
Roberto Rodriguez
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 1:49:43 AM(UTC)
GreyChow

Originally Posted by: Roberto Go to Quoted Post
Hello GreyChow

The project you are testing that contains the sample source code, are you building this for x64 or x86? Do you have the 64bit version of the Kodak i920 drivers to test with?

From the information provided thus far we are not able to determine what is causing the UI to hang. Would you be able to share the project you are testing? Please remeber not to share any private licensing information here in the public forums, you can leave any license details out of your project.

Hi
Roberto,

Sorry for late response, unfortunately, I not able to get the 64bit version of the scanner driver and the same problem occurs even using another scanner with 32-bit driver. I am building the project for x86, and added the 32-bit leadstool dll for project reference. Attached is the simple version of my program just to simulate the error, have remove the license info, I believe it is some project configuration that I miss out for the x86 environment.

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Grey Chow
File Attachment(s):
SimpleScan.zip (4,662kb) downloaded 164 time(s).

#4 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 4:43:44 PM(UTC)

Roberto  
Roberto

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

GreyChow,

With the project that you build for x86, in the startup call for the twain session set the TwainStartupFlags to None.

Code:
_twainSession.Startup(Me.Handle, "LEAD Technologies, Inc.", "LEAD Test Applications", "Version 1.0", "TWAIN Test Application", TwainStartupFlags.None)

Try that and if the same issue continues to happen we can go from there.
Roberto Rodriguez
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo
thanks 1 user thanked Roberto for this useful post.
GreyChow on 3/7/2017(UTC)

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:31:45 PM(UTC)
GreyChow

Originally Posted by: Roberto Go to Quoted Post
GreyChow,

With the project that you build for x86, in the startup call for the twain session set the TwainStartupFlags to None.

Code:
_twainSession.Startup(Me.Handle, "LEAD Technologies, Inc.", "LEAD Test Applications", "Version 1.0", "TWAIN Test Application", TwainStartupFlags.None)

Try that and if the same issue continues to happen we can go from there.

Thanks Roberto! that's solve my problem! :D