Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:49:43 AM(UTC)
bojidar.lyutskanov

Groups: Registered

I would like to ask for a sample code using the basic methods of the OCR engine using the C++ console application. Since all the examples are kinda hard to read since they are all made for Form applications and I am having some trouble generating the console application by myself I decided I should come here and ask for some minor help. :? I would appreciate any help but will really be happy if I am given a code example :) Thank you in advance!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:06:53 AM(UTC)

Aaron  
Aaron

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi,

Here is a link that explains the basic methods you will need to use to OCR a PDF file and save it out as a DOC file in a console application:

https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v19/ocr/api/programmingwithleadtoolsocradvantage.html

Note that this example uses our Advantage engine, but the engine can be changed in the L_OcrEngineManager_CreateEngine call. The example also takes in a TIF file and saves it out as a PDF, but you can load in the your PDF file in the L_LoadBitmap call and save to DOC by changing the document format in the L_OcrDocument_Save call to DOCUMENTFORMAT_DOC.
Aaron Brasington
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo