Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 7:49:17 AM(UTC)
PaulRussell

Groups: Registered

I am attempting to install an older VB6 app on a new Win7-32bit computer. The VB app uses LeadTools 12 for displaying graphics files. Unfortunately the graphics do not display. The program and data are housed on a Active Directory Server. Several drives are mapped to it.

I did not do an install. What I did was copy the following files to the \windows\system32 folder:

ltdlg12n.ocx, ltocx12n.ocx, ltdlg12n.dll, ltkrn12n.dll, ltdis12n.dll, ltefx12n.dll, ltfil12n.dll, ltimg12n.dll, lttwn12n.dll

comdlg32.ocx, mscomct2.ocx, mscomctl.ocx, richtx32.ocx, tabctl32.ocx,

then I used regsvr32 to register the 7 .ocx files.

I create a shortcut to the app on the server and launch it. I get no error messages (like missing ocx or dll) but no graphics (.png or .jpg) appear. All other aspects of the app work.

I am at a loss. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:50:44 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Paul,
Are you the developer who owns LEADTOOLS and originally built or compiled the application? If yes, please refer to the help topic "Files to be Included with Your Application" because other files are needed to load images.

If you still need help, send your toolkit serial number to support@leadtools.com (do NOT post it here) and provide more details about the lines of code that fail and the error numbers they return.

#3 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:02:38 AM(UTC)
PaulRussell

To close this out for anyone interested...

I was missing the LeadTools filter (codex) files needed. lfpng12n.dll (for PNGs), and lfcmp12n.dll (for JPGs). Once they were added to \windows\system32 the graphics started displaying properly.

I guess because they started with LF instead of LT I just missed them.