Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 6:00:21 AM(UTC)

Rken  
Rken

Groups: Registered

At the moment I am using the ltmmplay control in a C++ application to receive and display streams from a UDP source.

I have recently tested the behavior of the application by disconnecting the computer on which it is running from the network.

I would expect the play control to keep waiting until the connection is reestablished and resume displaying the stream.

But it seems that after the connection is reestablished the ltmmplay control does not resume and causes my GUI to freeze. (blocking operation)

Should I add extra functionality to my code or should the ltmmplay be able to keep waiting until the connection is reestablished?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:35:23 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If mean that you want the UI to be usable even while we are attempting to start decoding the stream. I don't think there's anything we can do make that happen. Even with our own demos, the UI will be unresponsive when trying to wait for UDP packets to be received. Eventually we will time out and the UI becomes responsive again. In between though, the UI doesn't repaint.

You can try using the Timeout parameter with the UDP Source to either decrease the waiting period while your application waits to receive data or increase it to see if the stream can be started in poor conditions.

The following is copied right from our help file:
++++++++++++
You can combine the Timeout parameter with the other parameters using the '&'
character. For example, the following URL will specify a timeout of 60 seconds
while loading a Raw H264 stream:

udp://192.168.1.100:40000?Timeout=60&rtpmap=99\\;H264/90000&fmtp=96\\;sprop-parameter-

sets="Z0IAKeKQFge2BqwYBBuHiRFQ,aM48gA=="
++++++++++++

http://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v18/multimedia/filters/udpsourceurlsyntax.html

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support