Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 7:11:43 AM(UTC)
BalajiBS

Groups: Registered

I am trying to initialize a Twain Session object for usage. It crashes with exception Code 0xe0434f4d. Which indicates Missing Dlls. I am sure that I have added the LeadTools Dlls. It seems that it depends on some of the core Windows Dlls. Since my application works properly on certain machines but not on all machines.

twainSessObj.Startup(this, "LEADTOOLS", "LEADTOOLS for .NET", "14.0", "Caption");

I understand this is a older version intended for .NET 2.0.

Is there any pre requisites that need to be installed like VC++ redist (I tried most of those but did not help) or any other package that I need to install for the dependedncy issue?

Note: I tied to find the diff between the working and non - working machines but not much difference bother are almost same with Win 2K8 Server OS.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:02:58 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I tested this issue on a clean Windows 7 64-bit SP1 machine with the latest LEADTOOLS v14.5 DLLs and I was not able to see the problem. Please recheck the same issue on your side by using the following instructions:
- Open the "OpenSaveDemo" that ships with the SDK.
- Add a new menu (such as "Test" menu) and add the following code in the menu event handler:
+-------------+
//Add a reference to Leadtools.Twain
if(!Leadtools.Twain.TwainSession.IsAvailable(this))
{
if(MessageBox.Show("Twain not available, continue anyway?", "Test", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo) != DialogResult.Yes)
return;
}
Leadtools.Twain.TwainSession twainSessObj = new Leadtools.Twain.TwainSession();
twainSessObj.Startup(this, "LEADTOOLS", "LEADTOOLS for .NET", "14.0", "Caption");
twainSessObj.SelectSource();
twainSessObj.Shutdown();
+-------------+
- Build the project as Release.
- Copy all the files (with the project's Exe) from the Release folder to the deployment machine.
- Run the Exe.
- Select the Test menu.
- Notice that the problem doesn't appear.

If the problem persists on your side, please provide me with the following information:
1. What is the build number (file version info) of Leadtools.dll and Leadtools.Twain.dll files on your side? If the build number of Leadtools.dll is older than 14.5.0.82, to obtain the latest DLLs, send your serial number to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post in your email.
2. What is the Windows version that you use? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support