Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:09:44 AM(UTC)

geneb15  
geneb15

Groups: Registered

I'm able to successfully generate my application and I've set the Leadtools.Drawing.dll file in the file manfest to "Include" to make sure it's part of the installer package. However, when accessing the image control I use, I get this: (partial error message below)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools.Drawing.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'Leadtools.Drawing.dll'
at Customer_Center_MVSP.frmImageView.InitializeComponent()
at Customer_Center_MVSP.frmImageView..ctor()
at Customer_Center_MVSP.frmOrder.btnScanned_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The code was recently updated from v14.5 to 17.5 - the prior deployments didn't have this issue.

As far as I know, I've taken all the steps required to include this dll in the Clickonce installer, but apparently I'm missing something.

Help!

g.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:00:43 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Please answer the following questions:
1) Are you deploying the project to 64-bit machine? If yes, Are the required VC++ runtime DLLs in the same directory as the DLLs that your application is trying to load?
2) Are you building your project with the "Any CPU" configuration?

You must specifically build for either 32-bit (x86 CPU) or 64-bit (x64 CPU) because "Any CPU" will cause problems if you run the program on 64-bit systems and include 32-bit DLLs.
If you set the project configuration to 32-bit (x86 CPU) and rebuild it again, do you still face problems?

If you still face the issue, can you create a small sample project (NOT your full application) that shows the issue and put it inside ZIP or RAR file and attach it.

Important notes:
1) If you are going to attach the project to our forums remove any code for setting the license.
2) If you are going to attach file to the forums, do not use the Preview option because it might cause the attachments to be lost.
3) Put the attachments inside ZIP or RAR file.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:46:13 AM(UTC)

geneb15  
geneb15

I changed it from "Any" to use an x86 build target - problem persists. Problem does NOT happen on an XP machine that I've got VS2010 on, but does on an XP machine (32 bit) that I test deployments on.

Since when does "file not found" have anything to do with the cpu target?

Note that I've got the C++ runtime for x86 checked in the Prerequisites dialog for the Clickonce deployment.

g.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:37:34 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

If the DLL exists "Could not load file or assembly" exception usually means the project is using DLLs that are incompatible with its targeted platform.

About the problem itself, first try to run the VS2010 runtime setup on the deployment machine. If it doesn't solve it, please create the test project I suggested last time and either post it here or email it to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:19:45 AM(UTC)

geneb15  
geneb15

FYI, installing the VS2010 runtime by hand cured this issue, thanks!

I'm curious as to why the Clickonce installer configuration, when told to specifically include that runtime didn't do it.

g.

#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:20:20 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Hello,
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get this issue resolved.
As far as the issue with Visual Studio, that's a better question to ask them on their forums:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/threads