Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:48:18 AM(UTC)

DanielG  
DanielG

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am attempting to convert a small component from using LT14.5 to LT17.5 , in .net 4.0. The component takes a jpg file and compresses it prior to storage. I am using a trial version of LT17.5 until my purchased version is installed. I am seeing minor changes in the commands necessary to initialize the system and convert the file. Is there a startup document that may help me with this conversion with the following questions?

With the trial copy do I need a license file and developers key to do the SetLicense command?

Do the LeadTools 17.5 dll's need to be in a specific path for execution? , they are referenced in the source code without issues.

I am getting the following error when executing, but the dll is referenced in the code. any hints?

Leadtools.RasterException: CMP codec is needed to use this feature

Thank you for any assistance that you can give me...

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 12:58:22 PM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

You should check out the Version History Section of the help file. This part of our documentation is designed to help you with upgrading. It will list the major changes between versions. Any methods that have been added/removed/renamed should be listed there. If you have any compilation errors, I would recommend going to the assembly where the class was originally defined. Then do a text search for the class or property you're having an issue with.

With the trial version of the SDK, you do not need any license file or developer key. This will revert the SDK to an evaluation version.

The LEADTOOLS .NET DLLs will need to be either in the same directory as the application EXE or in the GAC, just like any other .NET application.

Regarding the RasterException, it appears you are missing the Leadtools.Codecs.Cmp.dll. The RasterCodecs engine is designed such that it will dynamically determine which file filters it needs in order to load a particular file format (or compress to a file format). This appears to be or is directly related to the common "Invalid File Format" exception. This is also documented in our help file under the troubleshooting section:
http://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v175/dh/to/leadtools.topics~leadtools.topics.invalidfileformatfeaturenotsupported.html
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:16:31 AM(UTC)

DanielG  
DanielG

Groups: Registered

Thank you for you assitance....