Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:23:41 AM(UTC)

cm2187  
cm2187

Groups: Registered

Hello

I have a c# application that will produce still images in memory (.net bitmaps) at regular intervals which I want to compress and save as a video file. The process can generate hours of videos so I do not want to save all the uncompressed stills to disk and create a video in the end (would require too much disk space) and I do not want to compress the stills twice (once to save them as jpeg and again when compressing the video to mp4 or any other format).

Is there a way with LeadTools multimedia to do this, i.e. to construct a video frame by frame, and to compress it as it is created (in a sort of streaming way although with less constraints as I am saving to file, not streaming to the end user, so I don't mind if there is a buffer of some sort between key frames, etc).

thanks
Best regards
Charles

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:36:50 AM(UTC)

mohamed  
mohamed

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Charles,

This is possible to do using our toolkit.
Our GenerateAVI demo creates bitmaps in memory and uses the LEADTOOLS Convert control to save them as AVI.
You can easily modify it to add a video compressor to our Convert control so that the resulting AVI is compressed.
You can also change the TargetFormat from AVI to ISO to produce MP4 files.
Please try this and if you face problems send us the details.

Mohamed Abedallah
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo