Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:22:18 AM(UTC)
ming_ableengine

Groups: Registered

I want to use just one capture control but have 2 different controls (picturebox, panel or whatever other controls) doing preview.

One control shows the RAW data "captured" by the web camera. The other one is a pre-output. i.e. RAW data with text/image overlays.

And this need to be done before I call captureCtrl1.StartCapture() method.

Can I achieve this ? Thanks in advance.

Ming

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 11:44:08 PM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Ming,
You can do that using our LEAD Video Callback function. I saw that you already have a different requirement that relies on the Video Callback, so you might be able to implement both requirements using the same callback function.

The idea here is to insert the Callback filter before the Text Overlay or any other processing filter. You can then have 2 previews:
1. The default preview implemented in the Capture control itself will display the final result if you set the PreviewTap property to CapturePreviewTap.Processors.
2. The second preview you paint on a different control from the images that you get from the video callback function.

If you need the callback to contain all the processing results (text, etc.), you can do it the other way around as follows.
Insert the Callback filter AFTER the Text Overlay and all other processing filters. The 2 previews now become:
1. The default preview implemented in the Capture control itself will display the initial result without processing if you set the PreviewTap property to CapturePreviewTap.Source.
2. The second preview you paint on a different control from the images that you get from the video callback function will now contain the modified video frames.

For more information about the PreviewTap, please refer to our help topic "PreviewTap Property" in the LEADTOOLS Multimedia .Net documentation.