Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:28:32 AM(UTC)
leledumbo

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I'm using leadtools evaluation version and vc++ 2008 express to compile capture example at "C:\LEADTOOLS Multimedia 17.5\Examples\Ltmm\C\Capture". capture.exe succesfully build and run. But if i deploy the .exe to other machine - the app failed to run and return with message box: "Can't instantiate capture library" which mean :
CoCreateInstance(&CLSID_ltmmCapture, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, &IID_IltmmCapture, (void**) &g_capture);
return FAIL
Why this happen?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:44:00 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The problem might be related to missing dlls on the deployment machine.
For example, you need to copy the ltmm175.dll and DSKernel2.dll DLLs to the Windows\system32 folder and register them using the RegSvr32.EXE. If you are deploying your application on 64bit Windows, you need to copy and register the DLLs to the Windows\SysWow64 folder and register them using the RegSvr32.EXE that exists in SysWOW64 folder.
Note that you might need to deploy and register additional LEADTOOLS Multimedia files on the deployment machine. This depends on the LEADTOOLS codecs and filters that you use in your application.

The help topic "Multimedia Files To Be Included With Your Application" contains information about LEADTOOLS features and which distribution files are needed for them.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:05:49 PM(UTC)
leledumbo

Groups: Registered

i have copy all *.dll from leadtools redist folder to same folder as the .exe. Then copy the folder to other machine, but still cannot run. I will try to use your suggestion to copy the .dll to system32 folder then register them using regsvr32.exe. But if this way can make the app run succesfully, i fear we can not use this procedure when deployed to our user. We need portable app.

#4 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 4:45:12 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The entire Microsoft DirectShow architecture is based on COM objects. Our toolkit, which is based on DirectShow, makes extensive use of COM and ActiveX internally. This means you must deploy and register our DLLs to use them.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support