Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:04:13 PM(UTC)
CUrquhart

Groups: Registered

Hi,

We're using the capture control to record video/audio from a web cam. We need to access the audio data to perform analysis on the audio data so I'm wondering what the best/most efficient way of accessing the audio data is? I am already using the ILMADetUserCallback2 with the AudioDetection filter so I thought this could be used to access each sound buffer, unless there is another alternative method? This is a C#.NET project.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:03:13 AM(UTC)

mohamed  
mohamed

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

We have a dedicated Audio Callback Filter that gives you the audio sample data, but since you're already using the audio detect filter, you can simply use the audio sample data that's already passed in its callback. In other words, what you thought is correct and you can access the sound buffer using the pData pointer in the CallbackProc() function of the ILMADetUserCallback2 Interface.

If you need an example on how to access the data using C#, see our "CallbackA" project that you can find under the following path:
[LEADTOOLS Multimedia 17.5]\Examples\Ltmm\Dotnet\CS
Mohamed Abedallah
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo