Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2007 12:15:50 AM(UTC)
Raymond Lee

Groups: Registered

Hi,

In LeadTools 14.5 .NET, what features are available by unlocking RasterSupportType.Document? I browse through the product comparison chart and it only indicates the "document imaging" and "document imaging suite"? Why I ask this question is that I do not unlock the
"RasterSupportType.Document" and still able to startup a TWAIN device to scan documents. But in the comparison shart, Scanning - TWAIN is supported by document imaging and document imaging suite.

I also have three questions about unlocking leadtools features.

(1) I browse through the demo sample and see all features unlock are not activated (means no trail key provided), why the sample still able to work?

(2) How many times should the unlock be called? Only once through the life of a program? Or Each new TwainSession requires a new unlock call?

(3) If I download the trial version of LeadTools v15 for our testing, is there any trail key to unlock the features in Leadtools v15?

Thanks for your kind attention,
Raymond

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2007 4:17:05 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

By unlocking the document capability, you can use a lot of the advanced LEADTOOLS features, such as: Annotations, Document Clean-up, Scale-to-gray/favor-black filters, 48 and 64 bit image support, Fast twain, and much more.
For more details about the LEADTOOLS Document features, please refer to the following pages on LEADTOOLS website:
http://www.leadtools.com/SDK/Document/Document-Imaging.htm
http://www.leadtools.com/Home2/general/pcmpchtjs.htm

According to the product comparison chart (please review the chart), LEADTOOLS Twain features (Scanning – TWAIN, not Fast TWAIN) are available in the following LEADTOOLS SDKs:
----------------------
Raster Imaging Pro
Vector Imaging
Document Imaging
Document Imaging Suite
Medical Imaging
Medical Imaging Suite
----------------------
So you can startup a TWAIN device to scan a document without unlocking the document capability feature.

About your questions:
(1) If you are running the demo Exe that comes with the setup, you can check the different LEADTOOLS features.
But if you run the demo from the code, you will not be able to use the document features without unlocking document capability.
(2) You need to call the unlock only one time in your project.
(3) We don't have any trial unlock keys for the evaluation version. You should be able to use the different LEADTOOLS features if you are using the evaluation version.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support