Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:49:54 AM(UTC)

MrWayne  
MrWayne

Groups: Registered

Our image display code currently uses a class derived from LBitmapWindow to manage viewing images files, navigating between pages, zooming, panning, etc.

We need to be able to load and display annotations that may be present in a tif image. We do not need to create, select, or modify any existing
annotations.

Is there a basic way to piggyback painting and display of the annotations into our existing code?

I am able to programmatically create annotation objects and save them to TIFs. The Windows Picture Viewer loads the resulting images and displays the annotations.

Thanks

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:15:56 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Do you mean that you want to display the saved annotation in a TIFF image using LEADTOOLS?
If yes, you may try to use the LAnnotationWindow class and call the LAnnotationWindow::AnnLoad method to load annotations stored in TIF files.
What is exact LEADTOOLS version that you use?

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 5:21:00 AM(UTC)

MrWayne  
MrWayne

Groups: Registered

Yes, I do want to display the saved annotation from the TIFF image.

I originally tried deriving my image class from LAnnotationWindow instead of LBitmapWindow. This method seemed to work as far as displaying the TIFF and detecting presence of an annotation after AnnLoad(). I was unable to actually display the annotation.

I was also unable to draw highlights on the image that I had been able to do with LBitmapWindow. I still need to review exactly which LBitmapWindow calls stopped working.

The main purpose of this post was to find out if there was a different mechanism than LAnnotationWindow that I should be using. I will let you know what happens when I get back to it.

We are using version 14.5.

Thanks.

#4 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:32:02 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

You can check the LEADTOOLS C++ Class Library Annotation demo that uses the LAnnotationWindow to load, draw, display and save annotations.
You can find the demo installed onto the following location on your machine:
..\Program Files\LEAD Technologies, Inc\LEADTOOLS 14.5\Examples\CLASSLIB\MSVC5\ANNOTATE

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support