Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2006 12:18:31 PM(UTC)
mcculloughken

Groups: Registered

I am getting a wierd error using Raster imaging pro version 13 for dot net.  I have an application which displays a tiff image in a picture box.  If I compile the project in Debug mode it works like a charm.  If I try it in release mode I get a message that say Invalid File Format and then throws a Lead.Exception Invalid Parameter passed.  I checked to insure that the same DLL's are present in both directories and have also deleted all files out and re-built the project and it still does the same thing.  I know that an invalid file format usually means I'm missing a DLL but I don't think that I am missing anything.  I am building this project using Visual Studio 2005. The file version on the DLL's is 13.0.0.078.  Any help would be great.  I can Be reached at mcculloughken@tranzact.com

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2006 12:05:06 AM(UTC)

Bashar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you have the same DLLs in both cases, then it could be a problem
with the DLLs.  Please try the latest patch for v13 from "support.leadtools.com" and see if that helps.

#3 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 5:21:34 AM(UTC)
mcculloughken

I downloaded the latest patch and I am now using the latest version of the files.  Now both versions (Debug and Release) come up with the same error (Invalid file format).  I have traced the error to the following Code:

public void LoadPicture(byte[] ImageStream)

{

try

{

System.IO.MemoryStream tempStream = new System.IO.MemoryStream(new byte[ImageStream.Length]);

tempStream.Write(ImageStream,0,ImageStream.Length);

this.FreightBill = System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(tempStream);

this.m_Page = 1;

this.m_buffer = ImageStream;

this.Zoom = 1.0;

this.SizeMode = LEAD.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.PictureBoxSizeMode.FitImageWidth;

UpdateBitmapProperties();

LEAD.Drawing.Bitmap image = new LEAD.Drawing.Bitmap();

LEAD.Support.Unlock(LEAD.Support.FeatureConstants.TifLzw,"JGgUy78FRRx");

((LEAD.Drawing.Bitmap)image).DrawProperties = m_drawProperties;

LEAD.Drawing.Imaging.Codecs.Codecs codecs = new LEAD.Drawing.Imaging.Codecs.Codecs ();

codecs.GetInfo (m_buffer, 1);

m_Pages = codecs.InfoTotalPages;

}

catch (System.Exception err)

{

MessageBox.Show(err.Message);

}

}

The line that errors out is when I call codecs.GetInfo(m_buffer,1)

Please let me know if there is something that I can try to get this to work.

Thanks

Ken

#4 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 5:53:47 AM(UTC)
mcculloughken

I take that back I was missing one of the DLL's and after adding it the debug version works and the release still has the error.  I ran a file monitor utility and found the following files are missing:  LFKDC13N and LFTFX13N.  I'm not sure what these files are for or where I can find them.  When running the debug version I don't see and reference to these files so I'm not sure where it is comming from.

Thanks

Ken

#5 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 8:45:22 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

In the future, please remove unlock codes from any projects or code snippets before posting them to the forums because these are publically viewable.  Since the LZW patent has expired, everyone is entitled to those unlocks, so you got lucky on this one=).

LF???##?.DLL files are your filter DLLs.  These are reponsible for loading and saving certain file formats.  These are typically found in your Sytem32 directory.  These should have been included in your patch as well.  Try unzipping these files from the patch and placing them into your system32 directory or your release directory.  These types of files do not need to be referenced, so most likely they were manually copy/pasted into your debug directory but not into your release.

#6 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 9:34:57 AM(UTC)
mcculloughken

Sorry about that....

These 2 files are noware to be found on my system.  The dll's in both the debug and release directory are the same.  The image that I am attempting to view is a standard tiff image.  Also this application works fine when I compile it under vs2003 the problem started when I proted it to vs2005.

Thanks

Ken

#7 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 9:48:07 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

VS 2005 is the problem.  In version 13 we only had .NET 1.1 assemblies.  You will not be able to use VS 2005 and the version 13 .NET libraries.  If you need to use VS 2005, you will need to purchase an upgrade to version 15 (or 14.5 if you need COM, ActiveX, or VCL since we have discontinued those in v15).