Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2006 4:11:02 PM(UTC)
needled247

Groups: Registered

I am stucked in trying to work on some testing jobs with LEADTOOS H.264 Decoder. I have to do some performance test using (DShow tool) graphedit, all test data files i have are formatted as H.264 NAL/BSNAL(Byte Stream NAL). (Becasue of, my testing cam device only support that one.)

I already know that i can complete performance test with 'AVI File Source' filter if i have H.264 data file formatted as AVI, but i must handle NAL/BSNAL format as itself even considering futhermore jobs.

Are there any 'DShow' filters that handle H.264 data file formatted as NAL/BSNAL? Any one provided by LEADTOOS or open-source or something...

Thanks for any reply.

ps. Please consider that I'm not native english. (including my poor english :) )

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:31:07 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

LEADTOOLS supports NAL format. We output it if we are not connecting to an ISO muxer.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:42:36 PM(UTC)
needled247

Hi.

You mentioned 'ISO muxer', but is it used to make output-file muxing video from video-encoder and audio form audio-encoder? Yours make me some confused.

My job is testing 'decoding process', not 'encoding and making output-file', and which I need is 'DShow File Source filter' that is capable to read H.264 data files formatted as NAL/BSNAL and hand over it to LEADTOOLS h.264 decoder.

If yours means so, please tell me more specific. Currently, I have only LEADTOOLS h.264 decoder filter. (I cannot find even 'ISO muxer' from current DShow filter set.) Do I have to download another SDK package?

Thanks.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2006 10:48:06 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Our Mpeg-2 Transport stream demux includes a NAL source filter.
http://www.leadcodecs.com/Codecs/mpeg2-transport-demultiplexers.htm

Note: The NAL source filter is inside of the Mpeg2 transport stream demux. There is not a separate filter for it.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:05:32 AM(UTC)
needled247

Hi.

I find that my testing cam device also support H.264 data file formatted as MPEG2 TS, so I can complete a decoding process with your great hint as below.

Decoding Process: 'File Source Filter' -> 'LEAD MPEG2 Transport Demultiplexer' -> 'LEAD H264 Decoder' -> 'Video Renderer'

But, there is servere frame-drops on playback as if only I-Frames are decoded and played not all frames. (It is sure that CPU processing power is enough. CPU untilization is just about 10%.)

So I'm curious whether 'LEAD MPEG2 Transport Demultiplexer' evaluation version have some limitations on it's functionalities. (NOTE: My 'LEAD H264 Decoder' is licensed(purchased) 1.0.0.23 version.)

Thanks.

#6 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:59:07 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

There should be no difference between Evaluation and Release
editions. I want to test this here if possible, so could you please do the following:

1. Connect the 'File Source Filter' to a File Writer filer (for example in GraphEdit) to dump the stream directly.
2. Record a small video (few seconds short) and send it to me in a ZIP or a RAR file.

#7 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2006 3:51:08 PM(UTC)
needled247

"There should be no difference between Evaluation and Release editions." - That's OK. I just wish to check the point before starting to next-phase. I would discuss the problem with my boss, respecting about furthermore jobs and eventual goals. 

Thanks everyone, especially for your kind proposal.

#8 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2006 5:03:53 PM(UTC)
needled247

I just have changed my LEADTOOLS h.264 decoder filter into a lastest (evaluation) version. Now, the 'decoding process' works very well without any problems.